Thursday, April 10, 2008

JUST ACTION

Time to start blogging again after Danielle Strickland's workshop at JUST ACTION Conference on Blogging - we were reminded just what an amazing tool for good that the internet can be. What a conference! I am inspired by everything that I saw and heard but the highlight had to be the documentary on homeless youth - cared for by Oasis in Sydney. If I can attain to that kind of selfless love I will be happy.
I've had a fun time with selfless love myself this week - I know she saw me as an easy target to get what she needed - but who could resist the innocent smile and loving kiss as she happily left the building - a petrol voucher in hand. But I need to get to my Dad's she pleads the next day - but I gave you a petrol voucher yesterday, what happened to it? I gave it to my friend to do messages. My Dad's really sick, staying at the SA Hostel, I ring - no he's fine, fit as a fiddle - they tell me he's not got cancer I say to her - well he looked yellow to me she offers - well we aren't giving you more petrol or buying you a ticket - but I have no cash because my boarder punched me and stole $87 from my card - need to get rid of the boarder I say then you'll have cash - ok she says - Dear Boarder I write, please leave G's house as soon as possible - signed her Salvation Army Officer - of course she probably won't give the letter to him - word on the street is she's been sniffing petrol - no doubt helped by yours truly giving her a petrol voucher (oops) - look forward to her next visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you are talking about with the blogging is referred to as "web 2.0". It is really the internet recreated.

With the internet as a tool, we have have a really powerful way of reaching out to people through the use of blogs.

I use blogs for different things and have found that I get a lot of responses from all sorts of people.

Here is something of interest.

If every member of The Salvation Army who has internet access, blogged at least once a week, The Salvation Army would appear top in most christian based searhes on Google.

Therefore, your influence and that of others would be huge.